Creative Product Development
Our product design and development activities, and the equipment housed in the Louisiana Tech Thingery, are designed to support regional entrepreneurs and makers from the conception and through the manufacturing of new products. We provide everything needed for short run and boutique manufacturing equipment in our shop, studio, and digital design lab.
We provide open access and training to…
• Solidworks 3D modeling software
• Rhinoceros 3D modeling software
• Adobe Creative Cloud- Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
• Wacom Cintiq pressure-sensitive displays
• Turntable laser scanning and digitization of objects
• Screen printing – full suite of tools and workstations for printing, exposing, and pulling ink
• Epilog laser cutter
• Replicator 2 3D printing
• Photopolymeric resin printing
• 4-axis Tormach CNC milling and machining
• Vacuum forming
• A full electronic profiling and soldering station
“The best way to learn is in context”. We host small group, mentor-apprentice style workshops intended to teach end-to-end design and fabrication processes in one day. Examples include the 3D design and manufacturing of custom eyewear and handtools, casting and molding toys, screen printing shirts for promotion and posters for signage, and vacuum forming masks at Halloween.
Individual/Community, K-12, and business membership – We’re pleased to offer the opportunity to participate in our activities through community memberships. Memberships are available on daily, weekly, monthly, and annual bases.